Thursday, November 06, 2008

Anatomy of a song

Ode to everybody

As we embark on this verse, a heading is obviously the first.
Hair-raising isn't its essence, lest it faces strong dissonance.
Churches and temples are no-nos, so as no one wrinkles their nose.
Keep your eyes and ears open then, for this is going to be fun.

I considered something tongue-in-cheek, but it sounded way too weak.
May be a little about cheese dips, to get people smacking their lips ?
What about tales of the tooth fairy, or would it sound too airy ?
These ideas are going down south, and its time to shut my mouth.

Must keep going with my chin up, and resist asking for outside help.
An Emotional and touching quote, to raise a lump in the throat ?
"Armed bandits under hoods, waiting in the neck of the woods" ?
Time to stop and ponder, giving these titles a cold-shoulder.

This is fast becoming a quest, to be gotten off my chest.
I sure have the stomach for the fight, in getting the title just right.
I should relax and sit back, and give this test a proper crack.
Hands down this effort tops all, previous idiocies big and small.

My fingers are in pain, and my patience is on the wane.
I got to somehow nail this, or blow it a long hard good-bye kiss.
Motivation is on its last legs, but must not settle for the dregs.
This has been no mean feat, to think for so long on my feet.

As all this comes to an end, I can't help but not pretend.
Every stanza except this, did quite a lot of justice.
If you don't know what I mean, take a closer look to glean.
If your mind is by now numb, and you are still struck dumb,
I just described the human body from top to bottom :)

7 comments:

Kakshi said...

Wow.. you are a genious!! That was truly amazing!

Amudha said...

MIND boggling.. Notice the mind in caps.. :D

Anitha Vivekanandan said...

this piece deserves an award!!! really amazing!!

MiSh said...

great theme ... but since you've described the human body from top to bottom, the poem moves from mind-chin-shoulders-stomach-feet ...
what about the portion from stomach to feet ? :P

Bhavan said...

@ kakshi, @ anitha - thanks : )
@ amudha - right, so I used it in the last stanza.
@ mihir - like I recorded, I was getting fatigued, so sped past the thighs, shins, calves etc : )

Ananth said...

Awesome ... I guess this one needs to be published in a more viewed corner .. I am not sure where :)

demonMonk said...

does "proper crack" mean what I think it does and what was that quip about big and small??! :)