Monday, January 19, 2009

Demeaning Demeanour

A dirge for amiability

          In a fracas was I embroiled
          Early this morning as I toiled
          With attempts to reach office thwarted
          I don't even know how it started.

          Here I was about to turn right
          Out of nowhere came a biker to fight
          He was all indignant and uptight
          Blaming me for an oversight.

          I didn't flash the indicator early
          For him to notice, apparently
          I knew this wasn't true really
          And lost my temper very nearly.

          Still not sure how I kept it in check
          Merely brushing him away like a fleck
          I did switch off my stereo deck
          To hear the tirade of this jerk.

          He insisted I stop so we can chat
          I couldn't agree to something like that;
          And went on driving with no further thought
          Other than a wish to swat him like a gnat.

          At this snub to his whiny prattle
          He upgraded it to a full-blown battle
          Bulldozing his way like stray cattle
          He followed me mouthing his tattle.

          An unexpected support was given
          Not to me, but the story's villain
          The security through which he had driven
          Inexplicably chose his side to be in !

          I reached the end of my tether
          And told them not to be a bother
          In the same breath to the other
          Wanted to add an expletive about his mother.

          Better sense prevailed instead
          And good that nothing was said
          Not wanting the ill-will to spread
          I just simply drove ahead.

          If I were to objectively gauge
          All that happened till this stage
          Couldn't help; for I'm no sage
          Feeling a victim of road rage.

5 comments:

MiSh said...

true story :)

Amudha said...

Way to go!!

Vidya Vaidyanathan said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Vidya Vaidyanathan said...

Really neat poem.

Full many a gem of purest ray serene,
the dark unfathomed caves of ocean bear.
The gem was discovered, the light was seen
now it is adorned, tis a gem so rare.
Tis beyond compare

demonMonk said...

vaadi amma unde .. :)