Tuesday, March 03, 2009

Brain Drain

Numbskull

If a little seed of ennui is sown
In a mind as barren as my own,
And watered until its overflown
What else could it have grown ?

The mental cogs are badly worn
Edges frayed and teeth all gone
I'm at a loss as to how to hone
For not in sight is one whetstone.

Where once a bright light shone
All there now is darkness & drone
With the fuse of creativity blown
It is something I should've known !

This utter lack of ideas I bemoan
Being completely out of the 'zone'
Is making me tetchy & error-prone
Not to mention the moan and groan.

How I wish I could just disown
This lethargic & unthinking bone
And get instead a wiser clone
Till then blogging I must postpone!

5 comments:

Anitha Vivekanandan said...

nice choice of rhyming words :-)

Kakshi said...

Nice one..
"In a mind as barren as my own"
was this an inspiration after Mihir's yesterday's act? ;)

Amudha said...

Good one.. "Where once a bright light shone"??? where where??

demonMonk said...

In a moment of interest,
Your verses I explored.
Only to see it was penned,
Because you were bored! :(

Vidya Vaidyanathan said...

CLASSIC !!!

Thrilled I was, from skin to bone
When to me your verse was shown
Though tired I was, working like a drone
Rejoice of the piece, I couldn't postpone