Tuesday, July 15, 2008

A way-too-soon-by-my-standards second post

Questions, questions and questions.

I thought I'll continue from where I left yesterday. Obviously I've decided to post again, so I'll revert to the original question. Why do people blog ? If a blog is supposedly like your personal journal what is it doing out there in the open where anyone can read and criticize ? Or is that what a blog is meant for ? I decided to look up the definition and this is what wordweb says :

Blog (n) : A shared on-line journal where people can post daily entries about their personal experiences and hobbies.

The operative word here must be shared. But if I wanted to share my personal experiences, shouldn't I also be choosing who to share it with ? Does this mean I'm more inhibited than others by my own sense of privacy ? So am I to regard regular bloggers as extroverts or suspect them to be me-deep in narcissism ? May be if I just shut up and get on with blogging, it might save people around me (read my wife) from being subjected to this kind of torture.

One of these days, I think I should stop thinking, else my mind will kill itself with these kind of questions on trivia. Its obvious that I have too much spare time on hand.

3 comments:

demonMonk said...

we must cross (s)words some day! :P
Blog on ... why not some poems. Inspired by vadina ofcourse? :)

Vidya Vaidyanathan said...

Tis an interesting topic you touched upon. I have oft wondered too. It seems that the power or the "qwerty" has slowly taken over the "pen" and of course the "ink". Its become more easier to type into a space than write into a diary, surprising or no. And its more like "to type or not to type" nowadays.

Bhavan said...

@demonmonk : yo bro, lets do it. The only reason I'm not into poems is because it needs thinking.

@vidya : the days of handwritten notes are already history. i can't remember when was the last time I wrote one. Not sure if its a good thing though.