Monday, July 14, 2008

First post

To blog or not to blog ?

While not as big a dilemma as hamlet's soliloquy, the question does have its merits. I mean if your moods are as volatile as mine, you would be pondering too for a long time. Did you notice the oxymoron ? And it also explains why this blog was created a couple of years back and still this is the first post ! Or to be precise why this is the first published post.

So what finally got me off my lazy and aching ass (owing to a nurse's curative jab ... was down with ague, but we are digressing) were two things, rather two people. One was a dear old friend from college whose article News power inspired me to write this. I mean if a certified lethargic like her can actually pen something and foist it on unsuspecting public, I thought I can definitely do one better. I must be a fool to pan her like this when I need her services. If you followed the link above you'll know what I mean - there was an interesting phrase ending in something about ... virgin information. Aha, caught your attention at last.


The second person is my wife Amudha who, like me, appreciated the article ( if you are Anuradha C reading this, please notice that I've just praised you). She also wondered why I hadn't written anything anywhere till now ? I thought surely, my wife can't be feeling challenged because one of my friends had written an article. That didn't sound like her, and I had my own suspicions. Nevertheless I thought the idea had some substance and here I am.

Which brings me finally to the crux of this post - what do I write about ? You see I stole the title readily from Amudha but unfortunately had no content. May be I should just sign off here before I lose interest and discard this post like I did with last year's draft. I just received a thwack for airing this idea loudly with my wife in the vicinity. So I decided to plough on - and end it here. Another day, another post hopefully ... so I have a new dilemma now, to post or not to post ...

No comments: